Monday, November 9

Empire State of Mind

Since coming back to the UK after spending 3 months in New York in mid April 2009, I've been dying to go back! So I did on Thursday night.... just in time to go to the Yankee Parade on Friday!

The crowd was crazy - there were SO many people, and being...petite... I couldn't see a thing...so I headed to a bar with my 3 new best friends of the day that I randomly made who (very) easily persuaded me to join them at the parade!

From the comfort of a rather packed bar and a bottle of beer (yes, beer) I watched the parade on TV =)

The theme tune of the day was inevitably Jay Z and Alicia Keys, Empire State of Mind. It was thrilling hearing the whole crowd in the streets and bars break out into the catchy chorus...and at the end of the parade, Jay Z sang the song live for us!

Click here to listen to Jay Z and Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind.